Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wedding Anniversary .............








Golden  light beams pokes through the dusty windows and shines on the marble floor..all twisted and tangled....I drift up to its wide spread and raised my hands to trace each line. Blue walls like a wave of cold water, polished concrete floor, and tall windows everything reminded me of the past days with him..

the framed wedding picture hanging on the wall ....those best days...the day i felt like the luckiest girl in the world...the day he tied the knot.... beautiful were those days.... thoughts drifted down the memory lane ..i searched crazily trying to discover the things were missing, and turn my room upside down searching for them. ... 



my heart was pounding as i picked up the small pink envelope  i dint notice earlier..... It had been lying beside the table all this time. With trembling hands,and mind  i opened  the card.
  
"To my sunshine," it said. "I love you .....more than my life. Try to be happy when you think of me. my Love......"
The memories slid  in front of me, I felt myself caught in a hot dark room I could not escape from....determined not to cry, but the sting was already gathering in my eyes........


my eyes were hot and watery, the drops ran down to stain the cotton pillowcase when I turn over.....Overhead, the fan thumps softly, stirring the air against the ceiling....i was not certain about what made me cry ...but my hands were searching for someone who is far away....


My nose kept on dripping. I wiped it with my night gown sleeve.....

4 comments: